Be it a house, a store, or a big office, one thing that everybody is concerned about is security. That is why we see CCTV cameras in every corner of the building. However, losing the CCTV recording or footage when it is actually needed can be really embarrassing. This post can help you learn how to recover deleted CCTV footage or recording.
CCTV recordings can be extremely helpful in cases of thefts, burglary, or even keeping an eye on the visitors on the premises. These long recordings can help to trace a person, act as a piece of evidence, or proof of wrongdoing. The CCTV camera footages are recorded using two methods, (1) Digital Video Recorder (DVR) or (2) Network Video Recorder (NVRs) depending on the type of security system.
Reasons due to CCTV recordings can be lost
It is quite easy to lose these recordings as they are saved on hard disks and memory cards which are fragile and can be easily damaged. There can be various reasons for CCTV footage loss:
- A sudden power surge or power loss – A sudden surge of power or power loss can interrupt the working of CCTV cameras and data systems, resulting in a severe data loss.
- Software failure – The whole surveillance system with cameras depend on software and firmware updates. Without regular updates, the software can malfunction leading to a system failure. This may also lead to a loss of CCTV video recordings.
- Virus attack – Virus or malware can corrupt video files saved on a hard disk. If corrupted, you won’t be able to play the videos or they might get deleted.
- Accidental deletion – The security personnel might accidentally delete the video files while regular checkups. This is a common reason for CCTV footage loss.
- Physical damage – The hard disks on which CCTV recordings are stored are generally made of many small moving particles, making them vulnerable to even mild shocks and pressure. That means a light drop from a 3-feet height might lead to severe damages to the hard disks.
- Natural disaster – Natural disasters like flood, earthquakes, landslides etc., can completely destroy the security systems, including the data storage devices. In some cases, such disasters can lead to permanent data loss.
Step by step guide to recover deleted CCTV footage or recordings
Are you or any of your known is facing issues while playing CCTV footages? There might be a great chance that they are facing data loss issues. If this is the case, you need to know how to recover lost CCTV recordings from a hard disk. We can help learn that in a step-by-step guide. It is important to know that the success of the process may vary from situation to situation. To ensure 100% recovery of lost CCTV footages, you can reach Data Recovery Mumbai. We can help you recover your important files by providing effective data recovery solutions at affordable prices. We have the expertize to recover deleted files from various brand systems such as Bosch, Godrej, LG, Honeywell, CP Plus and more.
To recover the deleted files, you can rely on a cloud backup of all the recorded videos. Recovering the data is quite easy if you have implemented a backup solution already. If not, follow the steps below.
- Plugin your data storage device to the system which you use to store CCTV videos.
- Click on the ‘Start’ menu and type cmd, and hit the ‘enter’ button.
- The exe window will appear on your screen.
- Type attrib -h -r -s /s /d drive:\*.*. For instance, if your drive if ‘F’, then your command would be attrib -h -r -s /s /d F:\*.*.
- Follow any instructions appearing on your screen.
- You might be able to recover your deleted files.
Note: There might be a higher chance that this procedure might not work 100% successfully on your system.
If this procedure or any other solution doesn’t work, we suggest you reach a professional data recovery company like Data Recovery Mumbai. This is because in most cases, people mistakenly overwrite the deleted files on the hard disk, making it nearly impossible to recover the data.
We have more than a decade of experience in recovering data from hard drives. Be it a DVR or NVR security system, and we can help you recover your lost CCTV footages from your hard drives. call us at +91 9321287758 to seek expert consultation. Call now to avail of free consultation from us!